Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Episode XV - Being Deluded

I got this really interesting anonymous comment the other day on my swimming post. A quick note the anonymous person: Nimge kannada chanaage braratha? Nau Bagalore alle hootithu. neevu yelle hootiha? I am sure you yourself only know the bad language within Kannada and haven't learned how to speak it properly or you were raised by wolves. It is ok. I care about Bangalore so I say the things I do. I do not live as deaf and blind person and see things for what they are. You should try to do the same and don't live as an anonymous person here in Bangalore. Try to make a difference. Unfortunately you are not a very articulate person nor do you do proper research. I footnoted my comments that you so obviously restated; I knew that the photo was not from Bangalore but as an Indian you should feel shame for that photo regardless of where it was from. I do feel that shame. Even though I am an American, by citizenship and by ideology, I feel something for this place. All my relatives think that now that I am in Bangalore that my dream of living here has come true. Unfortunately the Bangalore that I knew is gone it has become a crowded and disorganized place and the politicians have hurt Bangalore instead of help it. I used to love Bangalore in the late 70's and 80's and even the 90's on my numerous visits here. I still love this place, but I am sad and upset to see what people are doing to it and this includes probably people like you, unless you can defend this argument. The general apathy of the Kannadigas here, like yourself must be removed if this place is to grow into the city that has been promised to the rest of the world. Since we decided to bring Bangalore to the rest of the world we must now deal with the criticism and issues that come with the territory. I see from your post that you have yet to come to this realization I want Kannadigas to rise up and take charge of Karnataka and make it live up to the promise of being the technology center of India.

I am pleased that the current CM is making some good effort outside of his Father to get the Metro Rail in place. I know he like all other politicians is corrupt and will milk it for what it is. At least if he does it right and turns it into something that any city in the world would view as world class accomplishment, I would not be upset that he and his cronies would personally make fortune on it. But I feel that this will not come to pass. That is the nature of this place and I put the blame on directly the people. They need to hold the politicians accountable. I know the system here does not allow the common person to hold politicians accountable, but at least take the example of Gandhi and embarrass the politicians into doing the right thing for the people.

Well, people are deluded, they let their emotions take hold and they seem to let their apathy allow their frustration with their lives upset them. Just imagine this person was so upset over my posts that I am actually pleased. I actually got someone anonymous to think and potentially loose their indifferent ways. I have always felt that the Germans that stood by during the holocaust were as guilty as those who massacred the Jewish population. Even if this person posts here again I will be very pleased, just do it as an un-anonymous person, have facts because that is the only way I can learn something new and try to tell all of your friends that you really are a person that cares about Bangalore and will not spit on the road throw garbage out your window etc. Promise Bangalore that will you will respect Bangalore and get out of this indifferent and Apathetic deluded existence and will awaken. I am not asking you to do what they did in the movie Rang de Basanti. In fact I felt that that the movie gave the wrong message. The movie emphasized the emotional aspects of hate. Violence never has a place. Trust me, years of martial arts taught me this. Think Gandhi.

I hope that you learn from this exercise and try to make a difference in the lives of the people around you when you travel by bike or by car or through your journey through life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home