Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Episode V - Pooping in the backyard


Before I talk about a reference to bowel movements, let me take a moment to talk about something I found damned funny.

Karl Rove. Probably a total tool, but recently he is showing us that he is probably deserving of the title. He has been linked with letting out the name of a CIA operative and as a result setting off a political fire storm. It may also be a criminal act....Disappointing that he took the action he did. And what they are saying is that Karl Rove exposed the leak to weaken the position of the husband of the CIA operative who was going to investigate claims that Saddam had tried to buy nuclear material from Africa. Well anyway the details are out there and you can look it up on Google or a news portal or the real news (The daily show on Comedy Central). I have discovered that I am not a Republican or a Democrat by philosophy and I don't think any of the people currently in office are either. The Republicans and Democrats talk a good talk but fail to actually do anything that helps anyone...Case in point: In order to distract people from the controversy surrounding Karl Rove and his politically and probably illegal act, Bush announced his nominee for the supreme court a week in advance. Damn funny. And sad. What a bunch of tools. I think all these politicians need a stiff drink. Well except for Ted Kennedy and Bush Jr. maybe.... by the way politics aside these guys are still my politicians and I will stand up for them in the face of any argument from anyone from Bangalore.... ;)

If my colloquialisms are too much take a class in American English or join a call center....

Back to pooping. My dog seems to have no problem going into the back yard and taking a dump. My dog does not seem to have too much difficulty in realizing that the backyard is his bathroom and his garbage dump. He knows that we are going to clean it up for him.

This morning when I was driving to work I saw this guy allowing his dog to poop in the middle of the street. I had to stop to see if he was going to just leave the poop there and move on. Like I didn't know the answer to that question already.... And yes, he left the poop there. I guess he knows the person that is going to clean it up....

The thing is all of Bangalore is kind of like on big backyard. And people are pooping in it, but the only problem is....no one is picking it up. No one. Okay like there maybe someone or a few people, but either they are doing a really crappy job, no pun intended...actually pun intended, or they just can't keep up. Cause like the whole friggin' city is a dump. I know Bangalore is the garden city, but I would say it is more like the backyard garden city without any one to clean up.

I posted a pic of my backyard. It is where my dog likes to poop. I will definitely post a pic of Bangalore, but I will try to find the cleanest spot of garbage first. I wanted to know if Bangalore had a health and safety department. When I used to take my dog for a walk in my neighborhood I used to carry a plastic bag to pic up his poop. Maybe the health and Safety dept. could hand these out to dog owners here. Hmmm. There are a lot of street dogs too. I wonder if the dept. could also train those street dogs to poop in a toilet. Wait a minute, I have seen people poopin' and pissin all over the place. We need to train them first and then maybe we can get them to train the street dogs.

Okay. Garbage is another thing that is also pretty much everywhere. Maybe the reason they have garbage everywhere, and I see people rummaging thru it, is cause they need something to eat when all the restaurants close at 11pm.....okay that statement was just plain mean. I apologize.

The lesson here is about self discipline and taking responsibility for oneself. No excuses. A funny excuse I have heard is "everyone else throws there garbage out of the window of their car." Like what other people do should influence you. Well maybe that is right. No one has the ability to think for themselves. That could be it. And those few people that care about their environment are so outnumbered that they are just drowned out. The politicians obviously don't give a crap, and I am sure they don't have to on the street either, but they should. Everything is bound to cause and effect. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Really applicable in Newtonian physics, but has a kind of interesting correlation. You dirty the environment and the effect is the spread of infection and disease. I feel that access to potable water in Bangalore is going to be an epidemic on its own in another 10 years.

The only option people have here is to vote and push the politicians to get their hands out of corruption and to actually help the people. They must however be forced. Gandhi by sheer numbers got the British to submit to the will of the people for the betterment of the people (at least he thought). The shit ain't gonna get any less shitty. And that's the sizzle bizzle I am talking about.

So now I think you get the picture that outside your car or house is your backyard and will eventually come back to you....good.

Cheers,

Deepak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home