Thursday, July 07, 2005

Episode II - Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll

I am disappointed, but no longer frustrated over the power cuts in Bangalore, the Cable TV cuts, the telephone service cuts, the lack of proper roads, the garbage everywhere and the lack of humanity in general....... Now let me continue the Saga of the lush, the crooner and the glutton, or rather the story of a quaint big little city known as Bangalore. What it is that my rant pertains to is the contradictory nature of this city. It is one of change embraced and of change reviled. It is of the rise and fall of Roman Empire as so to speak. On one side you have the confused and corrupted bureaucracy and the other you have the unwitting and rather inept public.

Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll.

It seems that every society struggles with this at one time in their respective histories.

Bangalore is no different.

If you noticed I have not mentioned Mumbai. That is because we are talking about Crazy Bangalore.

I want to continue, but I need a quick break to go and piss on a wall outside on the main road. BRB. So, that was exciting. Now back to S,D and R&R.

Radio City is a great example of a rebel without a clue. (I am referencing the James Dean flick Rebel without a cause). They could be the voice of the free peoples of middle earth or the Deccan Plateau, but they choose to be part of the mindless self defeating establishment. I think the secret is that they are actually afraid to do anything a little risky. The chances of finding a Howard Stern or a Imus on the radio here would be like China giving freedom to it's people....well maybe not that bad. I am saying that there needs to be a platform to exercise a voice. I don't mean the latest Bollywood gossip or the traffic gripes, although the traffic is another interesting subject. Let me not digress. I see that the Deccan Herald makes some vague attempts as to allow for this kind of voice that I speak of. But I am wondering, out the entire Bangalore voting population, who is actually listening and sharing the views that progress is good. I am not saying progress that is positive or negative. Cause I see constant signs of negative progress all the time in Bangalore that has nothing to do with Sex Drugs and Rock & Roll. I have this saying about how things are saved in Bangalore...."In order to save something you must kill it". That is the mentality here. So if people want to put a stop to a voice they kill it. If people want to stop heavy vehicles from coming on their street they kill the street by putting up barricades. So I can understand why Radio City and other media outlets do not really rock the boat. They do no want to be killed.

So In order to save everyone from Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll they will literally kill anything that is associated with it. But here is the wicked irony. We have all seen this in history before. The more you try to stop a thing the more it festers and eventually comes back in a way that is evolutionary and dare I say revolutionary. Eventually this city is going to be overrun, as if it isn't already, with young technology professionals that will get fed up with the city. And Vote. They are currently unwitting participants in their own imprisonment, but the day will come that they will find that they actually hold the key to their cell and to the city. Remember the heavy truck still seems to enter a road that has been blocked…..

Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll....it will change everything.

Cheers.

Episode III may take a few days as I am going to be busy with my own work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home